Thu, Mar 09|
Working with Disordered Eating & Poor Body Image when Providing Perinatal Mental Health Services
Facilitated by: Dr. Tara Deliberto Psychologist, PhD
Time & Location
Mar 09, 2023, 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM EST
About the Event
In this training:
- Treat people with disordered eating & poor body image from a compassionate and non-judgmental stance.
- Accurately identify and assess perinatal populations without bias towards thin, white, and women.
- Assess and address the function of disordered eating behaviors (i.e., experiential avoidance)
- Understand how treating patients with ego-syntonic illnesses (e.g., anorexia nervosa) differs from the treatment of people with ego-dystonic illnesses (e.g., anxiety/depression)
- Implement individual, family, and community interventions, when necessary, in the treatment of eating disorders and improving body image.
- Refer patients to appropriate levels of care
This course includes 4 contact hours.
** PSI approved for Advanced Course.
*For Groups and more information contact Nouna Jalilzadeh at CE@hhptherapy.com or 516-900-6636
***Licensed in another state as a Social worker/Mental health counselor/Psychologist?
Many states will accept NYS Approved Contact Hours if the workshop has an approved status. However, we also recommend checking your specific state rules and regulations.
Early Bird$100.00Sale ended
Super Saver$90.00Sale ended