Legal & Ethical Considerations of Family Building- 3 Contact Hours
Time & Location
About the Event
The definition of what constitutes a “family” has always been fluid in society. However, the law, in practice, struggles with terms that have various meanings. This session will explore the legal and ethical considerations that shape the experiences of persons seeking to build their family, and the professionals who support them in this journey. Case examples will be used to guide the understanding of simple and complex considerations.
This training is geared towards professionals who are working with youths, parents, LGBTQ+ families and legal system. This training will help you:
1) Understand the development of the legal definition of family NYS.
2) Identify the roles included in the legal definition of family.
3) Describe the mechanisms through which members of a family can be legally identified.
4) Identify the legal options for custody and visitation arrangements.
5) Competently support clients through effective communication with legal players.
This course includes 3 hours of continuing education for $75
- Legal & Ethical Considerations$75$750$0